Despite the recent pullback in the airline industry, new routes and destinations are being introduced throughout the Bay Area this summer. Although the airlines are thinning the total number of available seats in some markets by reducing plane size and limiting daily departures, they continue to expand in markets they deem profitable, either by anticipated market demand and/or government subsidies.
I've compiled a list of new routes, sorted by departure city, which will begin operating this summer, many in May and June alone. The list includes many exciting visits soon accessible from San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Sacramento, and Monterey Airports.
With these added destinations, now is the time to begin thinking about Summer vacation plans!
San Francisco to:
- Austin, TX - JetBlue
- Milwaukee, WI- AirTran (seasonal service)
- Victoria, BC- United Express
- Bellingham, WA- Allegiant Airlines
- Kalispell, MT- United Express (seasonal service)
- Missoula, MT- United Express (seasonal service)
- Zurich, CH- BelAir Airlines (charter/seasonal service)
- North Bend, OR- United Express
- Klamath Falls, OR- United Express
- Dubai, UAE- Emirates Airlines (Begins October 26)
San Jose to:
- Denver, CO- Southwest Airlines
- Long Beach, CA- JetBlue
- Honolulu, HI- Hawaiian Airlines
- Austin, TX- Southwest
- Philadelphia, PA- U.S Airways
- Charlotte, NC- U.S Airways
- Las Vegas, NV- Allegiant Airlines